Monday, March 7, 2011

T.R.O.M.

The 2011 camping season has officially started. And I am just so happy about it. I don't like the months of December, January, and February. They are dark, cold, and we don't camp. But once March hits.... it starts to warm up a bit, stay light longer and camping season for us has started. We got TROMotized this weekend at T.R.O.M. Which stands for The Rides Of March.

The camp out is in Atkinson, NC on a river swamp. The weather was beautiful and 69 degrees Saturday.
The hubs, my Babe, cooks a lot when we camp. Which is an awesome plus because I hate to cook. Here he is cooking up some breakfast Saturday morning. I think these were the hash-browns. Yummm.

I don't have the official 'bus' count yet, but there were more then 27 there. This Winter my Babe installed a big screen and mounted the DVD player into the cabinet. Little Jo, pictured here in the front seat loves to watch movies on the way there and back home. We watched "Monsters vs Aliens" Saturday night curled up the bus bed which is so cozy and warm.


They had a big game room at TROM. With air hockey, a pool table and a ping pong table. Little Jo lived on the air hockey table all weekend.

I got lots of stitching done. Doing my two favorite things.... camping and sewing.



Here is a photo of our bus at night. For Christmas my in laws gave me some twinkle lights shaped like little buses. Perfect. They were so cute hanging up. TROM had a band there Saturday night too, but I didn't get pictures of them. I stayed back at the bus while my Babe went to listen to them by the camp fire. He said they were great!


TROM had some cool little boats available to take a ride in.
Dinner and door prizes Saturday night. We won a cool wooden VW sign. Little Jo wants to put it in his room. And those are cooked oysters on the table to the right. I didn't eat any.


Jaws ran great to the camp out and going home. A great way to start the camping season! And on the way home we stopped by to see family, my Babe's family. Here he is with his granny. We were so happy to see her up and out.










6 comments:

  1. Looks like SO much fun! And relaxing! I love the picture of your hubby with his granny - what a treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is so sweet! I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy looks like you had a great time! So glad you had the chance to relax and enjoy spring, I usually love winter but I'm so ready for spring this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I here you about Spring, maybe I am just rubbing off on you Monica. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your post brought back some nice memories for me - we had a camper when my kids were young and it was the BEST! It's a great way to spend family time and go sightseeing. My kids still talk about those days. Loved it! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again! I had to stop back and tell you how much I enjoyed reading thru your blog and looking at the pictures. I love your blue bus - very sweet! Please hike over to my blog and take a look - I'm a new blogger but my favorite hobby (geocaching) may interest you.
    http://snugharborbay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete